This issue covers regional football, coaching and development, Aboriginal football and a historical narrative on a migrant community football club. Roy Hay writes on the history of cup competitions in Australia, Joe Gorman examines Alessandro Del Piero’s time in the A-League and Kate Cohen interviews Ange Postecoglou.
Issue 1 contains:
- Australia and its cups: Then and now | Roy Hay (Listen to interview)
- The Del Piero effect | Joe Gorman (Read extract)
- The man behind Melita Eagles | Shaun Mooney (Read extract)
- Q&A: Ange Postecoglou | Kate Cohen
- Deposing the tyrant: The growth of regional football | Vince Rugari
- A lack of dreaming tracks: Why blackfellas don’t play soccer | Ian Syson (Listen to interview)
- Trickle down coaching: The National Football Curriculum | Kate Cohen
The portrait of Leopold Baumgartner for the cover is drawn by artist Jamie Osborne.